27 C
Siem Reap
Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Reply To: Angelina Jolie to attend Netflix movie premiere of First They Killed My Father in Siem Reap

Homepage Forum Siem Reap Forum Events & Activities Angelina Jolie to attend Netflix movie premiere of First They Killed My Father in Siem Reap Reply To: Angelina Jolie to attend Netflix movie premiere of First They Killed My Father in Siem Reap

Siemreap.net
Keymaster

Source: Phnom Penh Post

An adaptation of Loung Ung’s autobiographical book recounting her and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge, the Jolie-directed film depicts in vivid detail the forced evacuations from Phnom Penh, the journey to the brutal labour camps in the country’s northwest, and, for Ung, the conscription of children as soldiers into the ranks of the Revolutionary Army of Kampuchea. Ung, who is portrayed in a highly emotional performance by child actress Sareum Srey Moch, was five years old when her family was ordered out of the capital.

Continue reading: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle/jolie-unveils-new-film-first-they-killed-my-father-siem-reap