30 C
Siem Reap
Monday, December 16, 2019

Angelina Jolie to attend Netflix movie premiere of First They Killed My Father in Siem Reap

Homepage Forum Siem Reap Forum Events & Activities Angelina Jolie to attend Netflix movie premiere of First They Killed My Father in Siem Reap

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Siemreap.net
    Keymaster

This Saturday February 18th, Siem Reap will be host to the world premiere of “First They Killed My Father”, a Netflix film directed by Angelina Jolie. The movie is based on Loung Ung’s autobiographical book with the same title.

It is said that not only Angelina Jolie herself, but also Cambodia’s King Norodom Sihamoni and Queen Mother Norodom Monineath will attend the movie premiere at the ancient city of Angkor Thom, located in the Angkor Archaeological Park.

Siemreap.net
    Keymaster

Source: Phnom Penh Post

An adaptation of Loung Ung’s autobiographical book recounting her and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge, the Jolie-directed film depicts in vivid detail the forced evacuations from Phnom Penh, the journey to the brutal labour camps in the country’s northwest, and, for Ung, the conscription of children as soldiers into the ranks of the Revolutionary Army of Kampuchea. Ung, who is portrayed in a highly emotional performance by child actress Sareum Srey Moch, was five years old when her family was ordered out of the capital.

Continue reading: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle/jolie-unveils-new-film-first-they-killed-my-father-siem-reap

Siemreap.net
    Keymaster

Director Angelina Jolie arrives at the press conference for First They Killed My Father
    Angelina Jolie at First They Killed My Father press conference

Waiting for the press conference to begin. We recognize Angelina Jolie together with Maddox and her other kids; Loung Ung, the writer of the book and Rithy Panh, co-producer of the movie.
    First They Killed My Father press conference in Siem Reap

Siemreap.net
    Keymaster

Angelina and Maddox Jolie Pitt meeting King Norodom Sihamoni

Angelina and children meeting King Norodom Sihamoni

Siemreap.net
    Keymaster

Director Angelina Jolie and co-producer Rithy Panh, together with leading actors, ‬Sareum Srey Moch and Mun Kimhak, as they speak to the press before the movie’s premiere. On the right, we see Loung Ung, the writer of the book on which the movie is based.

Angelina Jolie, Rithy Panh, Loung Ung at the press conference for First They Killed My Father

Angelina Jolie and Rithy Panh at the press conference for First They Killed My Father

Siemreap.net
    Keymaster

The movie premiere of First They Killed My Father at the Terrace of the Elephants, a historical site within the Angkor Archaeological Park.

movie premiere of First They Killed My Father

Angelina Jolie and her children meeting King Norodom Sihamoni

Director Angelina Jolie and co-producer Rithy Panh meeting Queen Mother Norodom Monineath
    Director Angelina Jolie and co-producer Rithy Panh meeting Queen Mother Norodom Monineath

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.