Asia Plaza shopping center will open on April 1st
- March 26, 2017 at 10:29 am #1523
Asia Plaza, Siem Reap’s newest shopping center will open on Tep Vong Street on April 1st, 2017. The complex consists of 3 floors, with a big supermarket / convenience store, playground and food court. There will also be a sky bar on the rooftop and a night club, called Elite Club, on basement level.
More shopping centers are to be expected in the coming months / years:
May 14, 2017 at 11:39 am #1810
- The construction of Koulen Central Mall on Sivatha Blvd is progressing fast with the opening to be expected later this year;
- Angkor Market has started construction on a much larger supermarket / shopping complex located on National Road 6 which will open its doors in 2018;
- Last but not least, construction has begun on Siem Reap’s long to be expected Aeon Mall near Road 60.
According to an article in the Phnom Penh Post, the rumors about Aeon Mall coming to Siem Reap are a bit premature.
Kim Chhay Heang, Siem Reap’s deputy provincial governor, said Siem Reap would welcome additional retail infrastructure.
“We have only received the news about Aeon opening a branch in Siem Reap from the civilians. We have yet to receive any official information from Aeon’s management team.”
The article does refer to the construction site near Road 60 / Angkor Kyung Yu Fun Fair, but link it to a South Korean firm, which has plans to build a mall in Siem Reap:
“There have already been investors from South Korea coming to Siem Reap to do market research and study the areas near Angkor Kyung Yu,” he said, adding that the unnamed company had expressed interest in opening a large-scale mall.
“This group doesn’t yet have a definitive plan or when to start construction, but they have already acquired land.
- The forum ‘General Questions & Information’ is closed to new topics and replies.