30 C
Siem Reab, Cambodia
Monday, August 21, 2017

Girl suffers electric shock at Golden Temple Hotel's swimming pool

Home Forum Siem Reap Forum Siem Reap in the News Girl suffers electric shock at Golden Temple Hotel's swimming pool

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1986

    barangchas
    Participant

    I was shocked to read this article. An 8 year old girl, visiting Siem Reap together with her family, suffered second degree burns due to an electric shock at Golden Temple Hotel’s swimming pool. Luckily the girl survived, but she had to be transferred to Bangkok Hospital Medical Center in Thailand. It’s unbelievable that Temple Group hasn’t improved electrical standards at their venues after the 2014 Hip Hop Club fire, also caused by faulty electrical wiring and killing 5 people. (Hip Hop Club is part of the Temple Group.)

    Doctors at the Siem Reap hospital [Royal Angkor International Hospital] diagnosed Jade with second-degree burns on her hip and leg, an unspecified cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) and “effects of electric current,” according to a medical report provided by Ms. Miller [the girl’s mother].

    Full article: https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/girl-suffers-electric-shock-at-siem-reap-pool-parents-say-133281/

    #1987

    Siemreap.net
    Keymaster

    Thanks for sharing this story with us. True, time and time again faulty electric wiring causes fires and human suffering in Cambodia. It’s sad that there haven’t been any improvements in the last decade.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.