Rules & Guidelines
- August 26, 2016 at 8:13 am #185
These forum rules & guidelines are written to ensure that the SiemReap.net community is an enjoyable and inspiring environment for all our users. They boil down to common sense, basic courtesy and respect (for your hosts and the rest of the community).
If you don’t agree with these rules, we won’t take it personally, and nor should you when we suggest that the SiemReap.net community might not be for you.
We may update these guidelines and recommend you to check them once in a while. We’ll also continue to introduce new community features which will fall under these guidelines.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Each member is allowed one login account on http://www.siemreap.net. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. SiemReap.net reserves the right to discipline and terminate multiple accounts from the same user.
- You are responsible for your interactions with other users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
- These guidelines apply to all content you contribute as part of the SiemReap.net community, including your profile.
- Member posted content on http://www.siemreap.net reflects the opinions and experience of those users, not SiemReap.net.
- We, SiemReap.net reserve the right to ban anyone who violates the forum rules.
- Be sincere in your messages. Post with the purpose to inspire or share with fellow travelers.
- Respect that other people have different points of view, travel journeys experiences, writing style, budgets and confidence levels. Don’t take things personally and be open-minded to others.
- Welcome newcomers. We welcome any new members that are interested to join our forum.
- Use the forum search feature before asking a new question. Some travel questions are very common so please check if they have not been answered before.
- Be specific. When posting a recommendation or questions be to the point and clear. We can’t read your mind and we want to avoid misunderstandings.
- Give feedback to your fellow travelers in a helpful and constructive manner. Positive feedback will be rewarded with extra ‘Karma’ points.
- Lead by example: Use the ‘Spam?’ link on every forum post to alert us to problem content. Use the ‘Report Member’ button on each member’s profile page to alert us to problem members.
- Use the right forum category. Please choose the correct category for you topic. Look around to make sure you’re in the right place to get your question answered.
- Keep it legal. Don’t get yourself into trouble by defaming others, posting porn, posting spam, ticket scalping, plotting illegal activities, or posting other people’s private information.
- Be safe and smart when arranging rides, home stays and travel companions. We’d hate to hear of anything bad happening when people meet up, but we can’t be responsible for the actions of each person in the community.
- We encourage debating and discussion, however we will not tolerate rudeness and insulting posts.
- Don’t create content of a discriminatory or derogatory nature. Don’t create any posts which can be insulting and discriminated related to race, gender, religion, political opinion, social status, age, disability / impairment.
- Don’t create content which would be reasonably classified as exclusively ‘adult’ and restricted accordingly (such as pornography or graphic violence).
- Don’t post personal details or private information about any other person.
- Don’t impersonate another person, including SiemReap.net staff or authors.
- Don’t get yourself into trouble by spamming or trolling the forum.
- Don’t conduct formal research without telling people. SiemReap.net is open to cooperation with professional researchers, but you need to contact us with details about your needs and interests. Studying our community members without their – and our – permission is not allowed.
- Don’t post external surveys or links to surveys, we are happy for you to use any information that is already available on our forum provided you contact us first.
- Don’t use excessively coarse language. Don’t swear! Remember, even if it’s not offensive to you, it might be to other people
- Don’t discuss how to commit illegal activity (like buying drugs, avoiding visa restrictions, ticket scalping). It’s OK to talk about the existence of these things, but don’t advise how and where to do them.
- Don’t be a know-it-all. Having a full passport doesn’t mean the rules don’t apply to you. Show off your insights, not your attitude.
- Don’t post duplicated posts. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- The forum ‘Forum Rules & Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.