28 C
Siem Reab, Cambodia
Friday, September 22, 2017

Searching for a Teeshirt with monks and umbrellas

Home Forum Siem Reap Forum General Questions & Information Searching for a Teeshirt with monks and umbrellas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chylogurti
    Participant

Greetings to all in Siem Reap

I am trying to locate a teeshirt the same as I bought for my wife a few years ago in SR on our visit to Angkor Wat. We had a lovely stay in a nice guest house near the river. I bought her a grey teeshirt with four images of monks with umbrellas on the back and on the left breast. The original teeshirt has died, but she refuses to let it go, and I have been trying unsuccessfully to get one for her as a surprise. I bought the teeshirt from a small market near the river I think that I paid  a couple of dollars for it.

I have tried ebay and found this photo of the teeshirt. The only that I have seen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cambodia-T-Shirt-with-Monks-with-Umbrellas-Men-039-s-Large-Size-Dark-Blue-Navy-/302339968470?nma=true&si=6bOE1WyM3LyRZQiJWnEhyOSsuxs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Can anyone help in my quest of the teeshirt holy grail. Have a great summer. Thanks

Chylo

Chris
    Participant

Hi Chylo,

Your best bet is probably visiting either Siem Reap’s Old Market or one of the many souvenir & night markets in town. I would recommend Angkor Night Market and the adjacent Phally Angkor Night Market. I’ve spotted several t-shirt sellers there. Show them the design you found on ebay. If they don’t sell it themselves, they probably know someone else who does!

Cheers,
    Chris

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.