33 C
Siem Reap
Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Siem Reap airport taxi prices increased (again)

Homepage Forum Siem Reap Forum Travel Questions Siem Reap airport taxi prices increased (again)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

I read on one of the Siem Reap expat groups that getting from the Siem Reap International Airport into town had gotten more expensive (for the second time this year). I’m talking about the official taxi stand, immediately after exiting the airport building, where you can book a minivan / taxi / tuk tuk / motorbike into town.

Since the information on the Siem Reap expat group was not 100% clear, I went on a small mission to the airport today to find out the correct pricing.

This is what the guy at the official taxi booth told me:

Prices have gone up since April 2017 and there are now day-time (6am – 11pm) and night-time (11pm – 6am) prices.

The new day-time prices are as follows:

• Minivan: 15 USD
    • Car: 10 USD
    • Remork (tuk tuk): 9 USD
    • Motor: 9 USD

And night-time prices are:

• Minivan: 20 USD
    • Car: 15 USD
    • Remork (tuk tuk): 14 USD
    • Motor: 14 USD

This pictures shows the day-time prices at the airport’s official ticket booth:

transport from airport to Siem Reap pricelist - daytime

This pictures shows the night-time prices at the airport’s official ticket booth:

transport from airport to Siem Reap pricelist - nighttime

FYI, these were the prices in 2015:

transport from airport to Siem Reap old pricelist in 2015

Chris
    Participant

This is the official taxi / tuk tuk desk at Siem Reap’s airport, which charges the increased prices. However, you can still find a tuk tuk outside the airport for 5 – 6 usd. Just walk away from the arrival hall and cross the parking lot towards the exit. Once outside the airport premises, it will be easy to find a tuk tuk driver to bring you to town. Alternatively, many hotels offers a free airport pick up. Make sure to check with your hotel before booking!

official taxi desk at Siem Reap international airport

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.