While Siem Reap is not one of the main destinations for Christmas festivities, those lucky enough to be in town this December will be happily surprised to see that there are many ways the holiday season in Cambodia could be very memorable and joyous. To help you decide where to take family and friends out for festive meals, we have compiled this list of 10 must-not-miss venues to celebrate Christmas in Siem Reap:
Park Hyatt, the premier 5-star hotel in Siem Reap have decked their halls this December and will be holding a special Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day Dinner complete with sumptuous Christmas Dessert Table at The Living Room. Each dinner will be an elegant presentation of courses with wide variety of choices and will be accompanied by traditional Khmer performances as well as Christmas-themed entertainment.
- When: December 24 & 25
- Christmas Eve Dinner: USD 98 per adult, USD 74 per child
- Christmas Day Dinner – 3 courses: USD 88 per adult, USD 66 per child
- Christmas Day Dinner – 4 courses: USD 98, USD 74 per child
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/ParkHyattSiemReap/events/
* Child – Under 11 years old;
* All prices exclusive of service charge and government tax;
2Resort La Villa Loti
Siem Reap’s very own bespoke-service resort will be having a wonderful feast on the 24th, 25th and 26th of December – three days worth of Christmas celebrations! The menu for the 5-course meal includes welcome cocktails, patty with chicken ragout, pumpkin soup, duck breast with chili and pineapple sauce, vegetables and potatoes and a chocolate dessert topped off with coffee or tea and sweet treats.
Reservations must be made on or before December 22 to accommodate your dietary preferences and please reach out to the wonderful Pascal & Margy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +855 63 96 38 79 or through their Facebook page.
- When: December 24, 25 & 26. Reserve before December 22.
- Cost: USD 49 per person
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/414615012290301/
3Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra
Known for its luxury and elegance, Sofitel will be bringing just that with four offerings to commemorate Christmas and to end the year right. Two dinners will grace Christmas Eve – The Six-Course Dinner by Eric Berrigaud and The Grand Buffet de Noël. On December 25, Sofitel will hold its Grand Brunch de Noël to start your Christmas Day right.
- When: December 24 & 25
- Six-Course Dinner by Eric Berrigaud: USD 80 person inclusive of welcome glass of Taittinger Champagne
- Grand Buffet de Noël: USD 80 per person (buffet only), USD 95 per person with free flowing Prosecco sparkling wine, USD 40 for children under 12 years
- Grand Brunch de Noël: USD 45 per person (brunch only), USD 85 per person with free flowing Taittinger Champagne and Wines, 50% discount for children under 12 years
- More Info: https://www.facebook.com/SofitelAngkorSiemReap/events/
FCC Angkor will be having a special set menu during dinner time on December 24 and lunch on Christmas Day. The menu is of a traditional Christmas set and will include a glass of Kir Royale while being entertained by live music. Booking reservations may be made to email@example.com or through +855 10 369 603.
- When: December 24 (Dinner) & December 25 (Lunch)
- Cost: USD 60 (USD 71 Net) per person
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/374903299620009/
5Palate Angkor Restaurant
Palate Angkor Restaurant and Lynnaya Urban River Resort & Spa will surely sizzle up your senses with their Christmas Eve Gala Dinner Party by their spacious poolside. The feast includes a program of music and dance entertainment and a Christmas Eve set menu that includes an appetizer, salads, sorbets, desserts and 2 main courses of Palate’s specialties to choose from. Revelries will start with cocktails at 6:30 PM followed by a live acoustic guitar performance to accompany your dinner and wine and to wrap it all up, dancing till 10 PM. The full menu could be viewed here while reservations may be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by calling them at +855 63 96 77 55| +855 70 96 52 52 | +855 12 98 39 80.
- When: December 24, 6:30 PM – 10 PM
- Cost: USD 80 net per adult, 50% off per child, special 10% off for Khmer and local expats
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/sales_promo/details/1747123868693336/
6Navutu Dreams Resort & Wellness Retreat
For fans of the relaxing serene atmosphere of Navutu Dreams, you’ll be in for a treat this December 24 as the resort will be celebrating with a Christmas Eve Gala Dinner from 7:30 PM to 11 PM. The supper will feature buffet-style traditional festive dishes and modern takes on a true Christmas dinner that includes canapes, a 3-course dinner and a glass of wine. Be entertained with soothing Khmer traditional music and an Apsara dance performance and end the night by making a wish with a floating candle lantern on the pool, an Indochina tradition.
Reservations and inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +855 63 96 48 64.
- When: December 24, 7:30 PM – 11 PM
- Cost: USD 70 per person
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1521378057898485/
The funkiest open air bistro in Siem Reap will be serving up a Christmas Feast on December 24 from 6 PM and on December 25 from 12 noon onwards. The menu includes a glass or Kir Petillante, starter choices of tomato-mozzarella salad or smoked salmon plate with feta cream, capers & dill, a main course of traditional Christmas Roast; roast turkey and ham with all the trimmings and a dessert of warm Christmas pudding with brandy custard and vanilla ice cream. To join the fun, contact them at +855 77 33 66 55 or email email@example.com and choose your preferred table. Get curious and get funky this holiday season!
- When: December 24 (Dinner) & December 25 (Lunch and Dinner)
- Cost: USD 28 per person
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/kuriositykafe/videos/1735803586491003/
8Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor
Watch as Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor transforms its grand poolside into a romantic Candlelight Christmas Eve Celebration this December 24th. The event begins at 6:30 PM and will start with cocktails and canapes in the Spice Garden joined by Santa and work your way through their spectacular buffet set by the poolside. For reservations please call +855 63 963 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: December 24, 6:30 PM – 10 PM
- Cost: USD 140 per person inclusive of signature wines, beers, mineral water, soft drinks and juices; 50% off for children ages 6-12 and children under 5 dine with Santa’s compliments. Special offer: G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge Brut Champagne – $120 per bottle.
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/2023143384595634/
9Victoria Angkor Resort
The well-known resort will be holding its ever famous Victoria Angkor Christmas Brunch on Christmas Day from 11:30 AM onwards. This long-running event has been a Siem Reap tradition and is an institution for long time expats so come and join the fun and enjoy a large and rich buffet full of delicacies, savories, fresh pastries, live BBQ station with imported Australian beef, fresh seafood and oysters, free flow of sparkling wine and many more. Tables could be booked via events@victoriaangkorhotel
- When: December 25, 11:30 AM onwards
- Cost: USD 35 per person; 50% off for children ages 5-12; free for kids aged 4 and below
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/326065814541809/
10Baby Elephant Boutique Hotel
If you haven’t been, you should definitely go! Baby Elephant Boutique Hotel has been serving its Christmas Seasonal Set Menu since December 8 and it will last until Christmas Day only. This meal is available during lunch and dinner for groups of 4 or more and will boast of delicacies like pan-fried stuffed chicken breast, sautéed potatoes with garlic, bacon, and thyme, braised red cabbage with apple, and mince pie with vanilla ice cream – plus, alternatives for vegetarians and vegans. The full menu could be accessed here but they do encourage you to make reservations as they need 48-hours notice to accommodate you. Reservations could be made by contacting email@example.com, Facebook message – https://www.facebook.com/BabyElephantHotel/ or at +855 77 769 126.
- When: December 8 until 25
- Cost: USD 12 per person plus 10% VAT
- More info: http://www.babyelephant.asia/special-offers/
Have a very Merry Siem Reap Christmas!