Welcome to the Siem Reap forum! Registered users can log in here. If this is your first visit, then you can register now for free to enjoy full access to the forum.

Learn cambodian language in Siem Reap ?

io 2 Posts 4 Karma
io posted this 30 October 2012

Hi,

I plan to come in Siem Reap for 6 months, and I'm interest to learn cambodian, I would like to have some informations about the possibilities to learn cambodian in Siem Reap.

Thanks

Chris 140 Posts 3349 Karma
Admin
Chris posted this 04 November 2012

Hi,

Because of the complexity of the Khmer language, I think that your best option is to do individual lessons with a private teacher. Usually, you should be able to find a good private teacher for 4 to 8 dollar an hour. Make sure that his/her knowledge of English is ok! (Or if you prefer, there are also some French speaking teachers in Siem Reap.)

It may be a good idea to visit Common Grounds restaurant. (Click on the link for more details and the location.) Many Khmer teachers use this place for their private lessons. Ask the staff to get you in touch with one of them.

Good luck!

Chris

Chris 140 Posts 3349 Karma
Admin
Chris posted this 07 November 2012

Also check out this Facebook page. Sophoan is a Khmer teacher since two and a half year with lots of positive feedback from her students... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Khmer-Kemara-Pheasa/461760407196699

Chris

sok saren 1 Posts 1 Karma
sok saren posted this 25 February 2013

Singapore Institue of Education (SHINE) is going to open its door in April 2013, and if anyone wants to study languages (Khmer language, chinese language and so on, please contact: cambodia.shine@gmail.com or cambodia.shine@yahoo.com. At the moment, SHINE is also looking for English Teachers and if any of you are interested in please send your CV and cover letters to these emails. Deadline of application will be 28 February 2013

charly18 2 Posts 2 Karma
charly18 posted this 21 March 2013

Hi Io,

I am an Australian female and a fluent Khmer speaker. I provide Khmer conversation tuition to foreigners in Siem Reap for $5 a  class. If you are interested please send me an email at speak.out.tutors@gmail.com or give me a call on 090946556

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Charly 

© siemreap.net 2011 - 2013

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertising | Sitemap | Webdesign by Lucismedia.