Angkor Wat is the world's most popular landmark for 2017
- May 25, 2017 at 10:01 am #1845
In its annual Travellers’ Choice awards, TripAdvisor has named Angkor Wat the world’s most popular landmark for 2017.
According to TTR Weekly, Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for landmarks, worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period. The awards recognise 706 landmarks in 82 countries.
More info on their website.
Top 10 Landmarks in the world for 2017 are:
- Angkor Wat – Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Sheikh Zayed Mosque – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba – Cordoba, Spain
- St. Peter’s Basilica – Vatican City, Italy
- Taj Mahal – Agra, India
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood – St. Petersburg, Russia
- Great Wall at Mutianyu – Beijing, China
- Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu, Peru
- Plaza de Espana – Seville, Spain
- Duomo di Milano – Milan, Italy
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.