Most Siem Reap expats have heard of Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC), and many travellers to the city often find themselves wandering past the hospital. AHC has been an institution in the heart of Siem Reap since 1999, delivering on its mission of improving healthcare for Cambodia’s children and becoming a leader in paediatric healthcare in the country.
If you’re a runner, you’ve probably heard of the Angkor Wat International Half Marathon, which occurs in the beginning of December and takes participants on a winding jungle course through the ancient temple ruins of Angkor. The marathon has become an iconic race on any destination marathoner’s list, and a once-in-a-lifetime sporting experience for those lucky enough to be travelling through Siem Reap at the time.
Celebrating 20 years, AHC aims to RECRUIT 200 runners to help raise over $250,000
Each year, AHC recruits participants to register for the marathon and fundraise on behalf of the hospital’s team. Now celebrating 20 years, AHC aims to make this year its best ever, setting an ambitious goal of recruiting 200 runners to help raise over $250,000. As its largest fundraising event, the proceeds will help AHC continue to provide free healthcare for thousands of Cambodian children who seek medical treatment from the hospital each week. Along with treatment, the funds will support AHC’s focus on becoming a centre of excellence for healthcare education and research in the country – meaning the hospital is training the next generation of Cambodia’s paediatricians.
Calling All Runners
If you’ll be in the region this December 2, 2018, join Team AHC at the Angkor Wat International Half Marathon. Register on behalf of the hospital and fundraise to make your miles count.
Don’t forget: the deadline to register is October 15!
And if you don’t consider yourself a runner, there are options for all levels of physical fitness, including a 10km road race and a 3km family run, along with specially-designed courses for those with impairments.
Why Run with Team AHC?
By joining Team AHC, you’re helping raise awareness and funds that allow AHC to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare to Cambodia’s children, along with education and programs that keep AHC at the forefront of paediatric care.
Coupled with the fact that you’re running for a great cause, register to run with Team AHC for additional perks that a standard registration doesn’t provide. You’ll get:
- Team AHC-branded tee
- Additional VIP logistical support before, during and after the marathon
- Streamlined registration and race pack collection
- Invitation for you and a guest to our Refuel Brunch, an excellent networking opportunity to meet fellow runners and staff
- Ability to take a tour of the hospital, showcasing the inner workings of one of Cambodia’s leading paediatric institutions
- Convenient VIP bag drop at AHC tent before the race
- Access to a personal fundraising page
- Discounts and access to hotel, tour and travel packages with our partners
- Opportunity to compete for top individual fundraiser prizes
- The satisfaction of helping provide free, holistic medical treatments to Cambodian children who need it most
Ready to run for Team AHC? Download the form and register now!
Sponsorship slots are also still available, and anyone interested in participating or partnering with AHC can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.